From provincial coats of arms to sporting mascots, the mighty moose has long been one of Canada's most popular symbols. Now, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates this iconic creature by immortalising it in this stunning pure gold coin.
Found in forests across Canada–from the Alaskan border to Newfoundland and Labrador–this "gentle giant" is known for its easy-going nature. This, along with its determination, makes the moose the perfect representative for the spirit of Canada's wilderness and the people who inhabit the land!
Did you know…
• Males (or bulls
) weigh an average of 600 kilograms, but some have also been known to weigh as much as 1,500 kilograms!
• Antlers are shed and re-grown each year! They can span up to 1.5 metres, which adds to the moose's already imposing size.
• Their bone growth rate is believed to be among the fastest of any animal in the world!
• This mighty creature is a vegetarian. It eats up to 23 kilograms of vegetation daily–half of its diet comes from flowering plants and tree shoots, while the other half consists of aquatic plants.
A special design of the majestic moose! Order yours today!
• This 350-dollar coin is 99.999% pure gold–the purest gold coin available in the world.
• The various finishes applied to this coin help in setting the stage of this wintery scene further enhancing the story of this wondrous creature.
- No. 130564
- Mintage 600
- Composition 99.999% pure gold
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 35
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 350 dollars
- Artist Claudio D'Angelo (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)